Welcome to Tex.Arb! This site aims to be the most comprehensive source of information about the law of arbitration in Texas (and sometimes beyond). If you have found us, you are likely already aware that arbitration is an alternative to litigation in state and/or federal courts. Arbitration is meant to be faster, cheaper, and more effective than litigation by permitting parties to tailor the proceedings to their disputes, to appoint experienced arbitrators who are experts in their field, whether in a particular technical field or industry, and to be free of the crushing dockets found in the busiest courts of the land. At least theoretically. This site aims to bridge the gap between theory and practice by providing practical analysis of arbitration as it is employed in Texas, including timely coverage of the latest case law from state and federal courts.
- Those interested in crafting the perfect dispute resolution clause may want to check out our coverage of arbitration clauses and dispute resolution clauses generally.
- If you are interested in the law applying to compelling or defending a motion to compel arbitration under the Texas Arbitration Act or the Federal Arbitration Act, check out our summary on Enforcing and Challenging Arbitration Proceedings in Texas.
- If you are interested in the law that applies to enforcing or challenging the enforcement of an award, check out our summary on Enforcing and Challenging Arbitration Award.
- Those interested in staying current on the latest arbitration decisions may want to check out Arbitration News.
- If you are looking for an attorney to assist you with an on-going dispute, please do not mistake the content we offer here as an adequate substitute for legal counsel. Find and retain competent legal counsel as soon as possible.
If it’s your first time visiting us, consider signing up for our Mailing List. We send out quarterly summaries of our content and upcoming events.